Friday, October 29, 2010

PB&C Rice Krispie Bars

I've been craving Rice Krispie Treats lately.  I decided to make some for my kids; it's Friday night and I'm gonna let them stay up late (9:00!) to watch the Charlie Brown Halloween Special.  Anyway, I was also craving chocolate, so I embellished the treats a little and came up with this.  YUM!

PB&C Rice Krispie Bars

In a large glass bowl in the microwave, melt for 60-90 seconds:
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)

Stir in until coated:
1 package (10 ounces) mini marshmallows.

Microwave for one minute and stir.  Continue to microwave for 30-second intervals until melted completely.  Stir in:
1 teaspoon vanilla
Then:
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Spread into a buttered 9X13 pan, and use buttered hands to pat smooth.

In the same large bowl (minimal cleanup!) microwave for one minute:
1 cup smooth peanut butter.

Drizzle peanut Butter over Rice Krispie bars and spread with a spatula to cover.  Place pan in fridge to chill.

For frosting, combine in large bowl:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat until smooth .  Remove bars from fridge and spread with frosting.  Return to fridge to chill completely (if you can stand to wait!)  Cut into 24 squares.  Enjoy!  I dare you to eat just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment