Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hip Mama!

A dear friend of mine had a baby a while ago.  I really wanted to make her some things, not just buy something she could use.  So I made her a nursing cover, and a diaper bag. 

Now I don't know about you, but diaper bags are an oddity to me.  I never could find one I really liked.  There are the monstrous ones you can carry a week's worth of diapers in.  I bought one of those with my first and quickly realized how ridiculous it was to carry that much stuff everywhere I went!  Then there are the basic ones they give you at the hospital  I always seemed to get the lame one - either a wild, cheesy print that screamed BABY, BABY! or one made of vinyl so cheap, all the pockets were ripped out in a week.

You can find really nice diaper bags, but you'll pay a pretty penny for a good one.  So when I had baby number three, I took matters into my own hands.

I found a diaper bag tutorial online, and modified it slightly.  Then I took what I learned and made another one for my dear friend.  We visited the fabric store, she picked out the fabric and... it turned out so nice!

 I spent a lot of time matching up all the stripes - I wanted it to be perfect!  It was all worth it.  Look at this beautiful, hip mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment